Submission form is open!
How to Enter
Follow these steps and get your creative juices flowing.
Watch the announcement video.
Download the file.
Create a kickass image.
Submit your image by the end of day July 31, 2023, at 23:59 CET (UTC+1) and relax with the satisfaction of a job well done.
Post your animation in the D2 Community FB Group or on Instagram with #d2challenge.
Join us for the live judging stream at the end of the month.
Join our your peers in our FB group!
some other important stuff
For the 10th edition of the D2 Vienna, we are creating a looping brand ident that will run on the big screen during the D2 Vienna 2023! This is where you come in. We would love for everyone in our community to have a chance to be a part of it. We will be inviting a few selected artists to create their own version, and the rest will be chosen from the entries of this challenge. We look forward to seeing what you come up with, and who knows, you could win a free ticket to the D2 Vienna 2023!
Create a looping animation using the supplied 3d model and timeline. It is very important that it loops as we will create an edit of the select 5 second animations to be played on the screen. Therefore, it needs to smoothly loop between each one.
Surprise us. Make us laugh. Make us cry. Your only limitation is your imagination (and not changing the timing of the animation – it must be perfectly loopable and 5 seconds long like the sample video in the header and provided in the download folder)
Do not forget to join our D2 Community Facebook Group to share your challenge related work with the rest of community prior to the live judging.
If you have any problems or questions, please email us.
The winner will be chosen by Fabio, Jason, and other invited jurors during a live stream deliberation on August 8, 2023, at 19:00 CEST (UTC+1).
Personal data collected via the submission form to the D2 Challenge will only be used for purposes regarding the specific challenge for which it is submitted. If you would like to sign up for the D2 Newsletter, sign up here.
Most importantly, have fun, and we cannot wait to see what you come up with!
– Use of the provided animation files is REQUIRED
– The animation must be loopable.
– The starting and ending frames MUST be identical to the provided files.
– Otherwise, anything is possible – make the logo hairy, or floating in space, or even put your face on it – just make sure it loops smoothly.
– Multiple entries are allowed, but only one submitted image per individual or team will be chosen to make the list of finalists that make it onto the final judging show which will determine the prizes.
– Teams are allowed, but any potential prize winnings will be shared.
– Submission in MP4 format in Full HD (1920×1080) – frame rate should match the sample video supplied at the asset link. You will be asked to provide a cloud storage link to your file in the submission form. (Dropbox, Google Drive, Onedrive, etc. – no video service links, such as YouTube or Vimeo)
– Post your video in the D2 Community Group and/or on Instagram with the tag #d2challenge and #10yearsofD2.
– Deadline for submission is by the end of July 31, 2023, at 23:59 CET (UTC+1).
– Entries MUST be submitted via the Google Form.
1st place – Free ticket to the D2 Vienna 2023 / 2nd and 3rd place – 50% off a ticket to the D2 Vienna 2023 / up to 25 entries will be used in the final D2 Brand Ident video
1st place – one year All Access subscription / 2nd place – one year Ignite subscription / 3rd place – one year Ignite subscription
Additional prizes to be announced soon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By taking part in the challenge, the entrant(s) agree to abide by the rules set forth here as well as allow the organizer, Bürowhat GmbH, to collect personal information for use during this challenge.
The organizer has final say on the disqualification of entries due to non-compliance with the rules or in the case of obscene, violent, profane, or otherwise insensitive imagery. Disqualifications are at the discretion of the organizer and decisions are final.
The use of copyrighted material not belonging to the entrant in a submission will be grounds for immediate disqualification upon discovery, including after the challenge has concluded. Adherence to copyright laws is the sole responsibility of the entrant(s).
Eligibility for this challenge is void where prohibited.
The judging of this challenge is determined by a panel of judges during a live streamed YouTube video. The decisions of the judges is final and cannot be appealed. By entering the challenge, you agree to accept the results of the live judging panel.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 places determined by the live judging panel. If, after the judging is final, one of the winning entries has been determined to break any of the rules set forth for this challenge, prizes may be revoked by the sponsors.
The administration of the prizes is the sole responsibility of each sponsor.